Uniform Tax Rebate – Can I apply?
What is a uniform tax rebate?
If you wear a uniform or protective clothing at work that you’re responsible for washing and replacing, you may be entitled to a tax rebate from HMRC for the past four years!
It’s believed that 2 in 3 employees who wear a uniform are entitled for a tax rebate.
Who can claim a uniform tax rebate?
- Airline staff / cabin crew / pilots
- Builders / Plumbers / Carpenters
- Engineers and Mechanics
- Hospitality and Catering
- Nurses, Doctors, Dentists and other healthcare workers
- Police Officers
- Public Transport staff
- Retail Staff
- Teachers (P.E. teachers)
- Anyone else who wears uniform to work!
Who doesn’t qualify?
- If you wear your own clothes to work
- If your employer has a dress code (you have to wear a suit, smart attire etc..)
- You have to buy your work clothes from the shop you work in
- Your employer provides a laundry service but you don’t use it
Although some of the above seem unfair, they are all HMRC reasons as to why you do not qualify.
How much can you claim?
The amount you can claim all depends on your job and how many years you’re claiming for. Find out yourself how much the average payout for your job is on our free calculator!
How do I make a claim?
To make a claim just click here and fill out the short form.